Revere Calling is Revolution Messaging’s self-service tool for creating and operating Interactive Voice Response. While it’s most commonly used for legislative calling campaigns, the system allows for more complex and flexible calling campaigns as well.
Revere Calling works by linking a hotline number assigned to an account with a call flow, which dictates the steps each call will take. A call flow will work whether the call is inbound (when a caller dials the number from their personal phone) or outbound (either because of a click-to-call form or a scheduled call broadcast). Through the admin control panel, flows can be created and edited, new hotline numbers may be purchased, hotlines can be reassigned from one flow to another and more, allowing full control of calling campaigns.
A Note on Phone Numbers
Revere Calling numbers use +11 notation, which means every phone number is ten digits (1 + area code + phone number), preceded by a plus sign. Example: +12022999393. Whenever entering a number into a Revere Calling field, please use this notation.
- Hotline number: this is a number provisioned for the account in the Calling platform.
- Call flow: a set of programmed steps a caller goes through once a call is connected.
- Client: an organization that uses the Calling service.
- User: a person who has credentials to view and manipulate items in the calling platform that falls under a given client’s permissions.
- Report: an export of call data for a flow or a hotline number.
- Capsule: a single element of a call flow.