The following applies only to links displayed on iOS 10 and higher devices.
To display a link preview:
- The link must be at the very beginning or end of the message.
- Link must include http:// or https://
- If a specific image from the site should be displayed, the site must follow the Open Graph protocol and the image can be set using the og:image tag.
- If the image tag is not set, by default the site favicon will display as the preview.
Although the link preview appears as a second message, you will not be charged for additional messages.
Keep in mind that the click to load the preview will not count toward link clicks in Revere Direction, other link shorteners, or link trackers.
If the link you share is a YouTube link, you can load the preview and play the video in the messaging app.
If you don’t want a link preview to display:
- The link in the middle of a message, even one word after and before will deactivate the link preview
- Swap out http:// or https:// with www. – be sure to test that the link is still hyperlinked!
Text 1 (link preview, link at end): We are a full-service digital agency fighting for progressive causes, read more about what we offer: https://revolutionmessaging.com
Text 2 (no link preview, link at end): We are a full-service digital agency fighting for progressive causes, read more about what we offer: www.revolutionmessaging.com
Text 3 reads (no link preview, link in middle): Check out with Revolution messaging offers: https://revolutionmessaging.com – We are a full-service digital agency fighting for progressive causes!