Revolution Messaging utilizes pantheon.io as our hosting provider. Pantheon provides many beneficial features for hosting WordPress sites, including ability to transfer ownership of a site without any downtime. Once ownership is transferred you will have access to the site’s code, content, and database. Hosting can be continued at Pantheon on one of their pricing plans or you can migrate the site to a host of your choosing.
For a successful transfer we need the email address of the person who will be the new owner of the site. That person will also need a valid credit card to be billed for the site. They will then receive and email with a link to take over billing responsibilities from Pantheon’s support team (firstname.lastname@example.org). You will then have to complete the following steps:
- Click the “Make Payment” link in the email.
- For New Users: Complete the fields to create your Pantheon account, then proceed with next steps.
- Enter your credit card information to add a new card.
- Once payment is completed, click the “Visit Dashboard” link to access your Pantheon site dashboard.
Revolution Messaging will also provide the following items for a domain transfer.:
- A DNS export of all records associated with a domain in the BIND format.
- The EPP or Authorization code to begin a domain transfer.
Note that domain transfers take 6 days to fully complete. We highly recommend importing all DNS records to a new host before changing the authoritative name servers to avoid service interruption.
Items that Revolution Messaging cannot provide
Revolution Messaging prioritizes security and privacy of all of our client’s data. As such we cannot provide the following items:
- Access to our DNS host and registrar.
- Access to our Pantheon Organization account.